Your Privacy Matters to us.
SMART Qualifications Ltd are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and handling it in accordance with our legal obligations.
Who we are
SMART Qualifications Ltd are an Accredited Training Provider
What is personalised data?
Personalised data means any information or pieces of information that could identify you either directly (eg. your name) or indirectly (eg. through pseudonymised data).
What type of information is collected by us?
We may collect a range of personal information including: name, postal address, email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, gender, photographs, forms of I.D., specific learning difficulties, disabilities, supplied medical information and IP addresses depending on the type of enquiry or service.
We collect information if you:
- subscribe to our newsletter
- submit an enquiry on one of our website forms, one of our events, on in person at our venues
- join as a Learner
- register or get certificated on our courses, programmes or qualifications
- book onto a class or event
- apply for job vacancies
- engage with us on social media
- enter prize draws or competitions
- choose to complete any surveys we send you
- use our free wifi at any of our venues
- visit one of our sites which have CCTV systems operating for the security of both members, learners, customers and staff
- visit one of our sites that may have photography, recording or filming taking place that may be used for assessment processes
Why we collect personal information
Smart Qualifications Ltd collects and processes your personal data as this is a requirement of our Awarding Bodies. In turn this allows us to register you as a learner or member of staff. It allows us to:
- provide you with access to our services
- provide access to our assessments, learning materials and qualifications
- improve our websites and services
- ensure the security of our websites
- better market relevant content using anonymous or pseudonymised personal data
- and, if you have additionally consented to it, market to you specifically, such as email remarketing and web retargeting
Beyond these purposes, we process your data only if you have granted express consent for its stated purposes. All personal data is stored securely.
Who has access to your information?
Under no circumstance do we sell any of your personal information to third parties. Your information is also never shared with third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit prior consent.
Your information may be disclosed to Awarding bodies for registration and assessment purposes as part of our procedures.
Data processing agreements are in place to ensure all of our third-party providers and suppliers do their utmost to keep your information safe and secure and do not use it for their own marketing purposes.
Legal and safety reasons
We may disclose your personal information if required by law, or other legal subpoena or warrant. We may also disclose your personal information to a regulatory or law enforcement agency if we believe it to be necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SMART Qualifications , its customers or any third party.
While we take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data submitted through our websites. We have taken steps to make this as secure as we can by adding SSL encryption.
Upon request, our Information Systems Manager will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store about you. If your personal data is incorrect, you may have it rectified. You may also revoke your consent for us to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in parts, or request deletion of your personal data.
- How can you contact us?
Data Protection Notification
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) maintains a public register of organisations that use personal data. Each organisation is obliged to notify the ICO with details of the types and purposes of personal data it processes.
SMART Qualifications is registered under the following reference: ZA079951
- This is a live document and as such, reference should be made to the master copy held by the Business Owner, any other printed or digital copies should are treated as uncontrolled and as such used for reference only.
Date: May 2018
Review date: May 2019